WE BRING THE “WOW”!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A “WOW” MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
The Electrical Service Manager will oversee and coordinate the work flow, deliverables and scheduling of all GES Electrical Operations Coordinator and Sr. Operations Coordinators. Select and deploy an effective GES Electrical Support team that serves our customers. Ensure that all required departmental procedures are carried out in accordance to policy and in an organized, timely and efficient manner.
• Proactively drive the GES Electrical information gathering process.
• Oversees and implements all GES Electrical pre-show administration, show site and post-show coordinate activities
• Manages all day-to-day GES Electrical support services staff in the office and at show site; efforts include scheduling in compliance with staffing model, collections, billing, auditing, selling and up-selling all available services offered by GES Exposition Services.
• Ensure that all GES Electrical work documentation and billing is fair and complete.
• Provide Operations Managers with any needed financial reports and documentation.
• Primary contact for National Service-center for Los Angeles area shows.
• Recruit, hire and manage GES Electrical support staff, including staff from temp agencies. Ensure that all staff are properly trained, performing to company standards and kept current on all procedural changes. Ensure accurate billing with the temp agencies against time cards and show allocations.
• Monitor performance levels of staff.
• Ensure a professional demeanor and professional appearance is maintained by staff in accordance with GES guidelines.
• Interact with National Service Center and all local departments to coordinate exhibitor orders with all phases of production.
• Interact directly with the Information Technology Department to resolve procedural problems and implementation of technology.
• Coordinate with all departmental Managers and Supervisors to develop pro-active solutions to increase efficiencies.
• Attend and participate in all TEAM Meetings, Pre-Show, inter-departmental, etc.
• Ensure that all shows are being tracked in accordance with the budgetary requirements.
• Productivity management on a show by show basis through budgetary management of labor and overall cost on each show.
• Interact with outside vendors for services that are subcontracted to ensure execution of services and accuracy in billing, along with working through the accounting process for vendor commissions.
• Manage accurate inventory of equipment, phones, and supplies.
• Sign all timecards to ensure proper coding and hour allocation.
• Provide in-house office support to Account Managers with emphasis in kit reviews.
• Must be flexible to travel, work nights and weekends to meet GES business requirements.
• Continuously analyze the GES Electrical operation to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary of the position under the direction of the Director of Electrical Services.
• College Degree Preferred or equivalent work experience
• Client service experience required
• Three to five years in a managerial / supervisory capacity preferred
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
And much more……