WE BRING THE “WOW”!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A “WOW” MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
The candidate for this Senior Staff Accountant opportunity must have the proven ability to research, reconcile and resolve complex balance sheet account reconciliation issues.
* Prepare monthly journal entries as necessary to properly record utilizing Oracle eBusiness Suite and report transactions utilizing HFM. This includes recording various intercompany allocations, recharges, invoices, accruals, and reclasses.
* Communicate, record, and reconcile various intercompany transactions between entities
* Eliminate intercompany balance sheet and income statement transactions monthly and resolve any variances between entities
* Remeasure monetary assets in non-functional currency and record FX gains/losses monthly
* Translate intercompany transactions in non-USD to reporting currency (USD) and record FX gains/losses monthly
* Settle intercompany balances monthly/quarterly in accordance with the company policy and record FX gains/losses
* Assist international entities in all aspects of GAAP and IFRS accounting
* Review reconciliations prepared by international entities in Blackline and provide recommendations for improvements and further guidance
* Facilitate communications between GES US entities and international entities
* Support of audit requests and provide management support for various external and internal audits, to include planning, communication, tracking and review of selections and schedules assigned through management
* Review monthly/quarterly validations and deliverables from international entities
* Prepare and own various account reconciliations supporting “should be” balance analysis through validation of account to internal management, internal and external auditors
* Update and prepare monthly and quarterly variance analysis schedules and supplemental schedules utilizing Essbase technology in a timely and accurate manner.
* Support the Shared Services accounting function as well as international entities with specific focus through accountability and professional skills
* Provide necessary support for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance inquiries to include self-assessments
* Demonstrate ability to analyze results to include the presentation of findings and execution of change deemed necessary to promote improvement
* Strong working knowledge of Oracle Financials, Sage 1000 or other ERP financial systems preferred. This position will utilize Oracle financials for recording, Sage1000 for researching, HFM for reporting and Essbase for variance analysis. Blackline is utilized for account reconciliation and task management.
* Strong financial and operational analysis skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
* Accountability mindset with the ability to work with others throughout our Shared Services Accounting Group and international entities
The ideal candidate will possess a well-rounded background in accounting and be able to provide analysis and reconciliation skills to multiple types of accounts. Your ability to apply your technical accounting skills is essential to succeed in this position. We support an open environment where you will be exposed to various accounting disciplines as you work in our group.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
* Internal audit and/or public accounting experience preferred
* Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) and/or MAcc preferred.
* Strong technical accounting skills. Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), technically strong and confident with your financial and accounting analysis skills.
* Must be technologically sound and able to show through prior experience the ability to learn and utilize technology/systems to enhance productivity. Intermediate to advanced Excel and Word skills required. Hyperion Essbase and HFM as well as Blackline and Oracle experience a plus
* Must be a team player and demonstrate ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team setting and a self-starter attitude is preferred.
* You must demonstrate behaviors consistent with our SSAG culture of honesty, passion, curiosity, service, and team spirit, being innovative in your approach and identifying change that will have a favorable impact on our organization.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
And much more……