Support both warehouse and showsite operations department in the performance of administrative activities, freight management and logistics. Deliver the highest level of hassle-free customer service in the most efficient manner possible. Represent the Company, as appropriate, in a professional manner. Keep abreast of industry trends and events. Perform all duties with the utmost integrity avoiding any conflict of interest between GES and any other entities.
- Provide in-house administrative support for all show site operations lines of business.
- Support marshalling yard and show site inbound/outbound freight process.
- Assist in answering inbound office calls and direct caller to proper parties.
- Maintain vehicle data in the Smartsheet program and update monthly.
- Coordinate AGS & YRC carrier bookings on quarterly basis, confirming schedule with OM.
- Complete the quarterly and annual labor/ payroll projections.
- Monthly billing of carrier loading allowances.
- Small package scanners and system maintence and upkeep for showsite.
- Serve as backup for processing union payroll when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary under the direction of the Operations Manager or Senior Operations Manager.
- Process all GES Logistics activities, including but not limited to vendor requirements, the re-weigh of shipments, invoicing, manifesting, tracking and the Logistics Close Process.
- Process all disposition freight in a timely manner in conjunction with freight operations.
- Utilize the TOPS program to track shipments and manifest shipments for each show.
- Knowledge of company policy and shipment rules for domestic and international shipments.
- Represent and sell logistics services at showsite, to service exhibitors and increase revenue.
- Enter all warehouse receivers into Core Freight and transfer for billing.
- Process freight from the small package receiving system and transfer to Core Freight and Oracle.
- Work with show’s OM on determining showsite crew needs.
- Report weekly to show OM on warehouse receiving status vs. planned receiving.
- For out-of-town business, work with local YRC team to determine receiver status, showsite delivery dates/times, outbound trucking needs for GESL and showsite contacts.
- Produce showsite binder of pertinent information and stock freight cages with supplies for Freight Foreman and crew, for each show.
- Schedule carriers for GES Logistics pick-ups and re-routed freight.
- Provide on-site support on large events (shows with over 250k lbs of material handling) or as needed on case by case basis.
- Daily tracking of inbound freight weight vs. planned on-site freight for the event.
- Confirm delivery of all GES Logistics shipments with Freight Foreman and work with OM and ES Lead on any shipment delays, damages or variances.
- Enter showsite receivers, complete show freight audit prior to ES invoicing.
- Work with ES lead on GESL quotes, priority shipments and international shipment requests.
- Confirm carrier needs with show OM for outbound GESL shipments and notify carrier(s) of any changes from pre-show schedule.
- Process new hire paperwork for union members, actively gathering relevant training certifications for employees.
- Assist OM in re-routing the show floor of freight that is not picked up by selected carriers.
- Ability to “pro” freight when necessary and route onto proper carriers depending upon weight and shipment specifics.
- Provide final show receiving report to show OM and AM as requested.
- Provide show OM with planned vs. actual variances of freight weight received and GESL outbound & inbound freight.
- Work with show OM on crew changes needed for following year’s event based on actuals from current event.
- Enter all Bills of Lading into CoreFreight within 24 hours, transferring billable items to Oracle.
- Photocopy all BOLS and save to the show folder for reference.
- Email all Logistics BOLS to logistics billing personnel, separated by carrier, within 24 hours.
- Upon completion of BOL process, mail to the archivist or send off with the ES show files.
- Work with Logistics Manager and ES department to handle any logistics disputes or delivery issues with exhibitors.